The Chimney Care Company Can Keep Your Pellet Stove In Top Shape
If you’re drawn to the vibe and beauty of wood fires, but your lifestyle makes the convenience of a gas fireplace or stove a better fit, a pellet stove can be another great option for you. These appliances burn wood — in the form of compressed pellets, made mostly out of waste sawdust — but an electric hopper feeds the flames, creating a mostly fuss-free operation that melds wood’s wonderful vibe with gas’ ease of use.
If you have chosen a pellet stove over a wood-burning one, good chance you did so to enjoy a mostly hands-off heating appliance — as long as the hopper is filled, a properly functioning pellet stove will allow you to enjoy a fire without tending or poking or prodding. That, of course, doesn’t mean that performance issues or other problems don’t pop up on occasion. And if you do end up having trouble with your pellet stove, the Chimney Care Company can help.
Common Signs Of Pellet Stove Problems
- Flames that are too small or too large, which can indicate a need for air adjustment
- Soot stains or smoke, which can indicate the presence of faulty components
- Difficulty starting the stove up
- Unexpected stove shutdown
If you’re experiencing these or other issues, give the Chimney Care Company a call — we’ll troubleshoot your stove, figure out what’s causing your issue(s) and address repairs.
Avoiding Problems Through Regular Maintenance
Like any other heating appliance, pellet stoves benefit greatly from routine maintenance. Keeping up with proper maintenance will keep your appliance working safely, efficiently, and for longer. It will also largely prolong the need for repairs.
Your Regular Maintenance
You can, of course, keep your stove working well by handling some maintenance needs on your own, including:
- emptying the ash drawer and cleaning the burn pot regularly
- keeping the glass doors clean
- checking the hopper and auger tube for dust build-up
What The Chimney Care Company Can Do For You
Of course, some maintenance needs to be done by professionals. We can:
- adjust settings for optimum, proper performance
- clean and lubricate internal components, including motors, fans and the fuel hopper
- replace any faulty components as needed
- check/replace seals and gaskets as needed
- clean the venting system, ash traps and exhaust passages/pipes
If your pellet stove isn’t working at 100 percent, call the Chimney Care Company at 513-248-9600 – our experienced technicians can make the repairs you need, and help you prevent future repairs! Click here to schedule online!